Thursday, March 1, 2012

BrainStorming

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1668930/the-brainstorming-process-is-bs-but-can-we-rework-it

I find this article fascinating and it has reaffirmed my thoughts on my previous experience with brainstorming.
I found that when I brainstorm in a group setting we would get a lot of ideas out in the open. Many of said ideas evolved from someone else's previous statement and we continued with even wackier ideas as we progressed. This is interesting because we now have so much to work with, but my issue is that when these sessions were over, and since we never went into any depth with these blurted out statements and words, these insights were lost since our minds moved on to the next idea that someone else shared.
What can be done so the ideas can still spill out openly and freely, but keep the integrity of good criticism and more in depth conversations in tact?

No comments:

Post a Comment