Friday, November 13, 2009

Egypt - the new China?

In class last week we looked at a few trend sources and I've just started using Shaping Tomorrow, which my group looked at in class and didn't give it the best review, but i've signed up and it's actually pretty good! Don't be deterred because the site is ugly and has a lot of expensive prices, if you use 'Horizon Scanning' (which is where people post articles and they get voted up or down) it's free and there's tonnes of stuff in there. So I officially retract my critique from class.

One article of particular interest is about how China is beginning to source Egypt and Africa (I hate when Africa is referred to as one whole - it's a continent not a country!) for cheap labor.

Maybe this means all those predictions about us needing to learn Cantonese is no longer applicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment